Pier Street Market Rules
- All vendors must have their applications approved by the Market Manager.
- Food vendors must meet all health requirements and regulations. They must provide and display current VIHA permit and food safe certificate. All other products/services will meet with government health and safety standards, and the vendor will be held liable and responsible for any products/services. Individual booth tidiness, security (for both loss and safety e.g. sufficient weight on tent legs) and fire prevention are the responsibility of the vendor. All products and services must be suitable for the family atmosphere at the Market.
- Under VIHA rules, no animals may be present in food and beverage vendor stalls.
- All vendors must read the rules and sign the application agreeing to them.
- COMMUNICATIONS: All communication to the vendors will be via email. Vendors may communicate with the Market Manager via email, phone or text to 250-895-0166. Please do not use Facebook Messenger or any other platform for official communication.
- Goods for sale must be grown or produced by the vendor. Consignment or resale of locally produced goods must be approved by the Manager prior to display/sale.
- Vendors must be set up by 9:30 am and cannot begin tear down until the market closes 2:30 pm. I
- All rules of the market are enforced by the Market Manager who has ultimate on-site authority and who is responsible to the Board of the Pier Street Association. Decisions of the Manager may be appealed in writing to the Board of The Pier Street Association whose decision is final.
- Vendors are responsible for cleaning up their stall area before leaving the market. Please take your garbage to the bin at the wharf,
- PARKING: There is limited on-site parking for ONE vehicle per vendor. Parking behind stalls MAY be permitted dependent on stall location and set-up, There is overflow parking behind the Maritime Heritage Centre. All other vehicles should be parked away from the site to maximize customer parking.
- Vehicles must be off-site by 9:30 and cannot return for loading until the market is closed at 2:30 or later if there is significant customer foot traffic.
- CANCELLATIONS: If a vendor cannot attend a scheduled market date, call the Market Manager by THURSDAY AT 5:00 pm. Cancellations after that time and ‘no-shows’ are subject to the weekly fee.
- REFUNDS: It is expected that vendors prepare themselves for an outdoor market beside the ocean, There are no refunds or waived fees for bad weather days unless PSFM decides to cancel for safety reasons. The Market Manager will attempt to contact vendors before 8:00 via email, phone or text or as soon as possible. Membership fees are non-refundable after seven (7) markets. Prepaid fees will be refunded proportionally.
- INSURANCE: All vendors are covered by the market’s Campbell River Municipal Business License Certificate and by the market’s general liability insurance. Membership fees include liability insurance coverage by BCFMA.
- Electrical power is available for $2.00 per vendor per market provided it is confirmed at the time of application.
- Vendors are required to supply and set up their own booth and all necessary equipment. Members who have prepaid and booked at least fourteen markets will have reserved stalls. Other vendors will be shown their spot upon their arrival. PSFM reserves the right to move vendors as needed. There are a limited number of tents and tables available for rent – see the application form.
- Membership fees must be prepaid. The date of application may be considered in the acceptance process.
Email images of your product to email@example.com for inclusion at website, facebook and in other promotional materials.
Please like the Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/PierStreetFarmersMarket and make sure to cross-post event information and your product/business participation notices.
Make cheques payable to Pier Street Association
PO Box 20025 Stn. A
Campbell River, BC V9W 7Z5
or drop off to Redden Net
attn: Tim Hobbs
690 Island Highway