Market Rules 2017
- All vendors must have their applications approved by the Market Manager. Decisions of the Manager may be appealed in writing to the board of the Pier Street Association whose decision will be final.
- All food vendors are responsible for meeting Department of Health requirements and regulations. Food vendors must provide and display an approved Health Department permit. Operators must have a Food Safe Certificate. Both must accompany vendor application. All other products/services will meet with government health and safety standards, and the vendor – not the Market – will be held liable and responsible for any products/services. Individual booth tidiness, security (both for loss and safety e.g. adequate weights on tent legs) and fire prevention are the responsibility of the vendor, as well as that their product/service is suitable for the family atmosphere of the Market.
- All vendors must read the Market Rules and sign the contract on the application form.
- Goods for sale must be farmed or produced by the vendor. Consignment or resale of locally produced goods must be approved by the Market Manager prior to display/sale.
- Vendors must set upby 9:30 am and stay set up until market officially ends at 2:30 pm.
- All rules of the Market are enforced by the Market Manager who has ultimate on-site authority and who is responsible to the Board of Pier Street Association. If a vendor does not abide by the rules, the Market Manager may take any action deemed appropriate, including barring the vendor from selling at the market for that day and any future market days.
A vendor may appeal any decision by the Market Manager. An appeal must be presented in writing to the Board of the Pier Street Association. The decision reached by the Pier Street Association will be considered final.
- Vendors are responsible for cleaning up their stall area before leaving the market.
- Moving vehicles is prohibited in the market area during market hours to ensure the safety of the public and other vendors.
- PARKING: There is limited on-site parking for one vehicle per vendor. Parking behind stalls MAY be permitted dependent on stall location and set-up. There is overflow parking behind the Maritime Heritage Centre. All other vehicles should be parked away from the site to maximize customer parking. Vehicles must be off-site by 9:30 am.
- CANCELLATIONS: If a vendor cannot attend a scheduled market, PLEASE CALL THE MARKET MANAGER BY THURSDAY at 5 PM. Vendors who are ‘no-shows’ (other than in an emergency) are responsible for the weekly fee. Cancellation may be made by telephone or text to 250-895-0166), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- REFUNDS: It is expected that vendors prepare themselves for an outdoor market beside the ocean. There are no refunds for bad weather days unless PSFM decides to cancel for safety reasons, in which case they will contact vendors prior to 8 am via text or phone. Membership fees are non-refundable after seven (7) markets attended. Prepaid fees will be refunded proportionally.
- Communication will be conducted via email, so vendors are responsible to check their emails regularly or to contact the Market Manager at 250-895-0166 for news and market updates.
- Under VIHA rules, no animals may be present in food and beverage vendor stalls.
- All vendors are covered by the market’s Campbell River Municipal Business License Certificate and by the market’s liability insurance. Membership fees include liability insurance coverage by the BCFMA.
- Gas generators are not allowed. Electrical power will be provided if confirmed at time of application, at an additional fee of $2.00 per vendor per market.
- Vendors are required to supply and set up their own booth and provide all necessary equipment. Members who have prepaid and booked at least fourteen markets will have reserved stalls. All other vendors will be shown where their stall is on arrival. A limited number of tents and tables are available for rent by prior request. Tables @ $5.00. Tents @ $20.00 if PSFM sets up or $10.00 if vendor sets up/takes down.
- Vendor applications are available March 1, 2017, or by calling the Market Manager at 250-895-0166. Date of application may be considered in the acceptance process. Prepayment for membership is required.